• Management of a wide range of indoor and outdoor Ruckus APs, including the latest Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 1 and Wave 2 APs
• Automatic load balancing (between APs)
• Airtime fairness
• Easy-to-configure, secure and reliable mesh networking
|Full-featured mobile app
• Scan to register APs to the Ruckus Cloud.
• Push notifications for alarms
• Monitor status of AP, WLAN and clients.
• Create and configure new SSIDs (enterprise or guest).
• Customize captive portal elements (images and message).
• Schedule SSIDs by day of the week and time of day.
• Native support for iOS and Android
• Zero-touch AP provisioning and bulk scanning
• Cloud auto-updates of firmware once APs are connected to Ruckus Cloud
• Multiple employee authentication options available: − Dynamic pre-shared key (DPSK) − Traditional PSK (WPA/WPA2) 802.11x with AAA and dynamic VLAN support
• Ability to set bandwidth rate limit per client and per SSID
• Flexible login options: − Open, SMS, email, click-through, passcode − Social networking login (Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) − PSK, captive portal, sponsored guest
• Bulk creation of guest credentials
• Control access to network resources: − Time-based scheduling of SSIDs − Free Wi-Fi with lock-out period and simple unblock options
• Granular administrative controls − Per WLAN aggregate bandwidth limit − Per WLAN and per client bandwidth limit
• Guest manager (front desk) admin portal
• MAC caching to allow repeat customers quick access to guest Wi-Fi
• Easily customizable built-in captive portal
• Integration with third-party guest Wi-Fi marketing platforms including Linkyfi, Purple Wi-Fi and more
• Captive portal languages: English, Danish, Finnish, French, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Turkish, Greek, Romanian, Polish
|Security, privacy and data protection
• All traffic to and from the cloud is encrypted.
• Only AP and client management traffic is sent to the cloud.
• Client data traffic stays local (broken out to local LAN and sent through your existing firewall).
• All data stored in Ruckus Cloud is encrypted at rest.
• Ruckus offers EU-located datacenters for European customers.
• Latest security patches are automatically updated.
• Role-based access control is provided for administrative privileges.
• Admin is able to grant and revoke access to partners and Ruckus support.
• Client isolation is enabled by default for guest SSID.
• SSID scheduling prevents unauthorized use of Wi-Fi network.
• Advertise only certain APs within a venue.
|Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (DPSK)
• More secure than PSK, DPSK enables easy implementation of unique PSKs for each device.
• Generate PSKs individually or upload in bulk for known devices.
• Set password complexity and expiration policies.
• Export DPSK list for your records.
|Cloudpath support (subscription sold separately)
• Add-on service enables self-service onboarding and granular per user, per device-based policy.
• Muse® multiple certificate sources, including built-in public key infrastructure (PKI), Microsoft CA and InCommon, provide stronger security than passwords/PSKs.
|Built-in reporting and analytics
• 10 different report options, including: − Traffic per AP, per SSID, per venue, per radio − Top 10 applications − Session details − Unique client reports (tracking 2.4 vs. 5GHz clients over time)
• Up to 6 months data storage for trending with big data analytics − Big data architecture using Hadoop multi-node clusters − Indexed structured reporting for fast access
• Remotely reboot APs, pull diagnostics information.
• Get notifications of network status via SMS or email. • Event logs are sorted by venue, SSID, AP, client.
• Alarms are generated for AP status.
• View historical client data to troubleshoot issues that happened in the past.
|Partner admin delegation
• Delegate management of your Wi-Fi network to a Ruckus authorized VAR (value added reseller).
• Revoke administrative privileges at any time.
• Hosted in USA and Europe on world-class IAAS provider with: − ISO 27001 information security certification − SSAE-16, SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC 3 certifications − Stringent physical, data access, data disposal security measures − Per-tenant migration capabilities − Green carbon-neutral facilities − Dedicated inter-DC fiber connectivity
• Ability to choose the hosting region for your service (USA or EU)
• 99.9% network availability (does not include planned maintenance, including periodic software upgrades and other pre-announced activities)
• Easy button access to support
• 24x7 chat/online ticketing system/phone support
• U.S.-based Ruckus NOC
• AP hardware warranty is covered separately with the AP purchase (refer to AP datasheet); advanced hardware replacement for each AP is sold separately (SKUs starting with 803-)